PVRTexTool is a suite of utilities for compressing textures, an important technique that ensures the lowest possible texture memory overhead at application run-time. The PVRTexTool package includes a library, command line and GUI tools, and a set of plug-ins. Plug-ins are available for Autodesk 3DSMax and Maya, and Adobe Photoshop.
Each component is capable of converting to a variety of popular compressed texture formats such as PVRTC and ETC, as well as all of the core texture formats for a variety of different APIs. They also include a number of advanced features to pre-process the image data; for example border generation, colour bleeding and normal map generation.
Textures can be saved to DDS, KTX, or PVR, Imagination’s PowerVR Texture Container format; a container with a full public specification, support for custom meta-data, and complete, optimised, resource loading code in the PVRTools.
- Supports all core texture formats in OpenGL ES and DirectX11.1
- PVRTC, ETC and DXT texture compression
- Outputs to PVR, KTX, or DDS files
- Pre-processing textures for efficient rendering
- Normal map generation
- Composition and visualisation of cube maps
- Optimised font to texture creation
- Creation of texture arrays