PowerVR™ Series5XT IP Core
The PowerVR™ SGX Series5XT Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) IP core family is a series of highly efficient graphics acceleration IP cores that meet the multimedia requirements of consumer, communications and computing applications.
PowerVR SGX Series5XT architecture is fully scalable for a wide range of area and
performance requirements, enabling it to target markets from low cost feature-rich
mobile multimedia products to very high performance consoles and computing devices.
The family incorporates the second-generation Universal Scalable Shader Engine
(USSE2™), with a feature set that exceeds the requirements of OpenGL 2.0 and
Microsoft Shader Model 3, enabling 2D, 3D and general purpose (GP-GPU) processing
in a single core.
- Most comprehensive IP core family and roadmap in the industry
- USSE2 delivers twice the peak floating point and instruction throughput of Series5 USSE
- YUV and colour space accelerators for improved performance
- Upgraded PowerVR Series5XT shader-driven tile-based deferred rendering (TBDR) architecture
- Multi-processor options enable scalability to higher performance
- Support for all industry standard mobile and desktop graphics APIs and Operating Sytems
- Fully backwards compatible with PowerVR MBX and SGX Series5
- Extensive product line supports all area/performance requirements
- Low risk solution for all embedded graphics applications
- Shader-based architecture enables near photo realistic image quality
- Fully compliant proven implementations of all APIs
- Lowest power consumption and silicon footprint
- Low host CPU and memory system bandwidth load