Global Navigation and location IP designed for power constrained devices
The Ensigma Location GNSS IP core supports GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou as well as several Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) including WAAS and EGNOS. The Ensigma GNSS incorporates an ultra-low power CPU core and dedicated hardware blocks which enable lower power consumption. GNSS IP not only supports continuous fix techniques, but it also supports power-efficient ‘capture and process’ for devices that only require periodic location updates.
- Flexible Multi –Constellation Support
- Low Power Consumption
- High Sensitivity
- LTE Integration
- Low Cost
- Support for standard constellation features.
- Push to fix operation
- Intermittent positioning on command (external/internal)
- Supports Assisted GNSS
- Improves sensitivity / TTFF
- Position, time, frequency
- Constellation data (Ephemeris/Iono/UTC data)
- LTE TCXO sharing for reduced eBOM cost
- LTE memory sharing for reduced silicon area cost.
- RF capture and process
- RF is on for minimum time with samples post processed for optimised power consumption
- Processing Scales with Clock Rate
- Captured RF samples can be stored in memory
- Timing system allows LTE time and frequency references to be shared with GNSS system
- Complete Baseband IP solution
- End to End Solution with partner Tuner/RF
- Easy integration into an SoC
Low Power Consumption
- Minimised RF power consumption during one shot fixing mode by allowing capture of the RF signal to RAM (along with background processing capability with the RF off).
- Minimised RF consumption and processing requirement in the baseband with duty cycling of tracking operations.
- Digital I/Q Interface to Tuner
- Tuner control by host or GNSS Subsystem
- Interface to Host Processor
- Serial port receives commands from host and carries tracking data to host
- 32-bit AXI slave port optionally provides host access to internal shared memory
- Interface to External Memory
- 32-bit AXI master port gives the GNSS system access to external memory
- IoT sensors and edge devices
- Consumer mobile products
- Asset tracking devices
- Maximising use of memory and processing to recover maximum sensitivity.
GNSS Constellation Support
- GPS – Band L1 (1575.42MHz)
- GLONASS – Band L1 (1602.0MHz)
- BeiDou – Band B1 (1561.098MHz)
- Galileo- Band E1 (1575.42MHz)