Ultra-efficient, high performance networking
Ensigma™ Multi-port Network Processing Unit IP is a scalable multi-port IEEE 802.3 gigabit Ethernet switch/router IP solution. The IP is specifically designed to meet the communications requirements for high performance managed and unmanaged multi-port switches and routers.
The Ensigma Multi-port Network Processing Unit IP provides a highly flexible solution that is capable of supporting multiple different configurations and features. It uses a hardware and software framework which is combined with hardware accelerators and a high-speed flexible DMA fabric to provide a complete and highly optimised, yet flexible solution.
The Ensigma Multi-port Network Processing Unit solution utilises advanced design techniques to deliver the optimum power/performance, maintaining consistent connectivity and complimented by a rich set of features.
- 2 to 8 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Scalable architecture
- Bus Structure
- Local Memory
- Scalable architecture based on performance requirements
- Simple Driver like interface for slow path packets
- Hardware based QoS
- Support for Ethernet multi-cast packets
- Advanced features such as IGMP snooping
- Scalable from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps data rates at short
- Fast path / slow path architecture.
- Highly scalable for multiple Ethernet ports or peripherals
- Multiple 32-bit MIPS RISC microAptiv processors
- Scalable packet classification with multiple coherent
processors, DDR bandwidth, and local memory
- Complex functions like QOS and buffer management in Hardware
- Multiple products can be created from on IP core
- Silicon proven solution that minimises risk and reduces time-to-market
- Easy integration into an SoC
- Home-gateways and Edge Routers
- Base-stations with carrier Ethernet
- Network Offload for Servers
- Ethernet Switch for Automotive and other applications
- High-End Switches and Routers