We released a side-by-side comparison video that highlights the quality of lossless compression. On top of this we also created an application to run on a tablet that enables you to compare compressed and uncompressed images in real-time with a different image.
- PVRIC4 enables visually lossless compression for new PowerVR GPUs during rendering, resulting in reduced system bandwidth and memory footprint.
- Guarantees a minimum memory bandwidth reduction of 50% as well as 50% saving in memory footprint resulting in lower power and reduced system costs
- Shows how the system bandwidth is reduced with no perceivable change in visual quality
- In order to run the demo with actual uncompressed footage you will need to use a special Asus laptop that the Demo Team purchased
especially for this demo. The footage can be compared in real-time using the YUView tool.
- The video version of the demo was created using footage that was ran through the Research compressor.
- If the live version of this demo needs to be displayed then please contact Mike Barnes to request the use of the laptop and a demonstration on how to use the YUView tool.
- Blog post – https://www.imgtec.com/blog/introducing-pvric4-taking-image-compression-to-the-next-level/