Build better applications faster, with our groundbreaking PowerVR Framework
- Create PowerVR applications for iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, WebGL, and Android.
- You can learn about, and code more efficiently with Vulkan™ and OpenGL ES™.
- Start your application development quicker, by using our well-documented examples as a basis.
- Get the best knowledge and tips from our comprehensive documentation to take your application performance to new levels.
Makes Vulkan and OpenGL ES development so much more accessible
We’ve made it a lot easier for you to learn and develop with both Vulkan and OpenGL ES. Choose the level of abstraction that suits you, by taking what you need from our Framework.
Lose the boilerplate code, and gain C++ features such as smart pointers with our thin Vulkan wrapper, giving you fantastic control over the hardware but without the overheads.
Our handy utilities make tasks including initialising objects, managing queues and surface handling so much more straightforward than raw Vulkan.
We give you the tools you need directly on top of OpenGL ES, allowing you to use the raw OpenGL ES code and therefore giving you full control.
Our detailed documentation covers everything from how to use our Framework, to useful performance recommendations, and also includes hardware architecture guides.
- Optimise for PowerVR, with our own PowerVR Texture Container (PVR) format.
- Our PVR format has full public specification, support for custom metadata, as well as complete and optimised resource loading code in our Framework.
- You can also use ETC and DXT texture compression, as well as all of the core texture formats for a variety of different APIs.
- Output your work to PVR, KTX, or DDS files.
- Or just use our supplied plug-ins for Autodesk® 3dsMax and Maya, and Adobe® Photoshop.
Examples and tutorials
Whether you’re a complete beginner or already experienced in Vulkan, you will find our step-by-step tutorial style examples very handy. We gradually guide even the most inexperienced graphics developers from the basics of a simple render of a single triangle, up to complex scenes that incorporate many objects, animations and shader effects.
- Learn raw Vulkan with our beginner example HelloAPI, one of the best introductions you can have to developing with Vulkan.
- Use our Framework examples not just to learn Vulkan and OpenGL ES, but also as a starting point for your own applications.
- All our examples are well commented and self-explanatory.
Support & resources
Get your answers online with our comprehensive documentation, developer forum and our dedicated PowerVR developer support desk.