Export 3D scenes into our lightweight, fully optimised PowerVR Object Data (POD) deployment format
- Lets you export 3D scenes and associated geometry data into our popular POD format.
- Use our plug-ins for the most widely used 3D modelling applications, such as Autodesk 3DSMax and Maya, and Blender.
- We also give you a standalone GUI, and command line tools to convert from Khronos COLLADA and Autodesk FBX interchange formats.
Easily integrated into your workflow
We created POD format to enable artists to export their assets into a PowerVR-optimised container. Developers can then quickly and efficiently import their work into their applications using our open source, free to use PowerVR Framework.
- Plenty of flexibility with popular plug-in support, command line tools and a standalone GUI.
- Easily add POD support without resource-loading boilerplate code to your applications with our PVRAssets module, which is part of our PowerVR Framework.
- PVRGeoPOD also lets you apply geometry sorting during the export stage to optimise for locality, which will improve the effectiveness of the vertex processing cache memory.
- Simplify the process of writing custom exporters and importers, with our detailed POD format specification document.
PowerVR POD is designed to save you time and effort
The POD file format is simple and optimised for rendering. It is well-established and used by a wide range of developers, including well-known companies with games sales in the millions. Some features of our POD format include:
- Skinned meshes with bone batching based on matrix palette size.
- Data format choice, such as float, half float, fixed-point, byte and so on.
- Multiple texture co-ordinate sets.
- Polygon/vertex sorting.
- Tangent space generation.
- Bake and export procedural textures.
- Support for PBR materials.
- Vertex Adjacency List.
- Custom user data (Plugins Only).
Support & resources
Get your answers online with our comprehensive documentation, developer forum and our dedicated PowerVR developer support desk.