As product creators increasingly incorporate vision capabilities into hardware and software, it has become clear that there is a lack of readily available, practical information to guide them. While computer vision research has generated numerous textbooks and research papers, there is very little information available to guide system designers in designing practical computer vision solutions, including the selection of chips, cameras, algorithms, tools, and programming languages.
The mission of the Alliance is two-fold:
- Inspire and empower product creators to incorporate visual intelligence into new products and applications
- Enable Member companies to accelerate success in computer vision by
- Increasing their visibility among vision system and application developers
- Connecting them with the right ecosystem partners
- Delivering insights into market research, technology trends, and customer requirements