Modern Slavery Act Statement
Modern Slavery Act – Transparency Statement
Imagination Technologies Group plc (“Imagination”) is committed to the highest standards of professionalism, ethical behaviour and integrity in everything we, including contributing to the wellbeing of communities around the world, especially where we operate. In this we are committed to opposing modern slavery in all its forms, and do not tolerate it either within our business itself or within our supply chain.
During the year we assessed the risk of modern slavery to workers in our business and supply chain. We are committed to continuous improvement of our processes to ensure we remain vigilant and mindful of engaging in activities to tackle slavery and human trafficking.
Imagination is the parent company for the Imagination business. The primary business is the creation and licensing of market leading processor solutions for graphics, video and vision processing, general purpose and embedded processing, and multi-standard communications. Our core brands are PowerVR multimedia, MIPS processing and Ensigma communications. Further information about the Imagination business can be found on our website.
Our business structure
We predominantly employ highly skilled people, with the majority based in the UK, India and the United States. We consider the risk of modern slavery occurring within our business to be low. We do have offices in other regions, including, but not limited to China, Taiwan, Poland, Japan and Australia, with remote home working employees based in other European locations. We have taken care to ensure that the same degree of care is exercised in those jurisdictions to guard against modern slavery.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and have a Business Ethics Policy which supports our actions. We are also committed to transparency in our business, in our approach to modern slavery, and to implementing and enforcing systems and controls designed to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in our business or in any of our supply chains.
Our supply chains and due diligence processes
We source goods, materials and services, including the following from suppliers:
- IT, marketing material, office supplies, couriers, waste, recycling, utilities, recruitment, professional and training services, and building services.
We comply with all applicable employment law relating to employee terms and conditions, including pay within the geographical locations of our employees, and are committed to following our core values in connection with our people.
We are committed to only sourcing goods and services from suppliers that operate in compliance with the Modern Slavery Act, taking active steps to ensure compliance.
How we are seeking to reduce any risk
To initiate the process of identifying and assessing any actual or potential involvement in modern slavery in our supply chain we have considered factors that might indicate a high risk, including the location from which services are provided or goods are manufactured and the sectors or activities which present a high risk of modern slavery.
Where appropriate we will take further steps to combat slavery and human trafficking through:
- Implementing targeted training on the risks the business faces from modern slavery in our supply chain. This includes raising awareness and understanding of potential risks and how to manage those risks across relevant business functions.
- Assessing the modern slavery risks in lower tiers of our supply chain.
- Actively encouraging our employees to report any concerns or issues they identify during their dealings within Imagination and the supply chain which might give rise to concerns about modern slavery and/or human trafficking.
- Putting in place a number of policies including a Whistleblowing Policy, Anti-Bribery, Corruption and Fraud Policy and a Business Ethics Policy all of which are reviewed regularly and for which the Board are responsible for, which support the steps taken by Imagination to combat slavery and human trafficking.