Las Vegas, USA, 7th January 2010: Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG.L), the global leading provider of multimedia and communication technologies, today announced that digital and internet-connected radios from its PURE division will soon be available in the United States. Details regarding specific product lines, as well as pricing and expected availability, were revealed in a separate announcement from PURE and are being showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas (South Hall 4 Booth #36604).
Says Hossein Yassaie, CEO, Imagination Technologies: “Imagination already has a major presence in the US for our Technology licensing business and a wide range of well known products shipping in the US rely on chips that utilise one or more of our multimedia or communications cores. Given the pivotal role of the US in global consumer electronics, this launch not only brings further innovations from Imagination to US consumers but is also a critical part of taking the PURE brand international.”
Imagination’s semiconductor technologies are licensed by some of the largest and most influential American companies including Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN) and others. With its technologies being included in everything from TVs and netbooks to smartphones, personal navigation devices and in-car electronics, Imagination expects more than 200 million chips from its semiconductor partners incorporating its technologies to be shipped in 2011.
PURE’s line of sleek, intuitive and multifunctional internet radios offer instant access to tens of thousands of Internet radio streams, podcasts and listen-again content from around the world, as well as the ability to wirelessly access personal music libraries from connected Macs and PCs.
With products such as Sensia, a revolutionary connected audio system with a 5.7-inch colour touchscreen, PURE enable consumers to experience all of their digital content from a single interface, including Web-based applications such as Facebook and Twitter. PURE sees an opportunity to drive a market segment that does not have a clear leader, satiating Americans’ desire to be connected with their content whenever and however they choose.
Charles Bellfield, GM, PURE US says: “The US is a challenging but also high-reward market, and with our strong and growing product range, legacy of user experience-focused design and our extensive engineering and technical capabilities, we are extremely confident that our success in other parts of the world will translate well to the demanding US market.”
The PURE products being introduced to the US market include:
- Sensia: The first digital and internet-connected radio to feature a large high-resolution colour touchscreen, Sensia is the centerpiece of the connected home. High quality stereo sound with fully digital audio paths, input for iPod/MP3 players and access to a growing number of downloadable applications such as Facebook and Twitter offers consumers the ability to access and control all of their digital content from one central interface
- EVOKE Flow: The award-winning EVOKE Flow was the first truly ‘connected’ portable radio. Wireless and powerful, EVOKE Flow gives consumers access to digital content from almost anywhere
- Siesta Flow: PURE reinvents the alarm clock with the Siesta Flow, bringing the power of the internet to the bedside. Touch sensitive controls, up to 365 alarm settings and a USB PowerPort, which provides power for USB accessories, help bring the clock radio into the 21st century
- Oasis Flow: Rugged, weatherproof and exceedingly durable, the Oasis Flow combines internet connectivity with maximum portability. Dispelling the notion that durability compromises performance, the Oasis Flow is the perfect radio for anyone who works or plays outdoors
- Sirocco 550 Flow: A complete digital sound system, the Sirocco 550 Flow combines access to internet content with the ability to play digital music from portable iPod and iPhone devices, USB memory drives, SD memory cards and CDs. Powerful enough to be a primary stereo system yet compact enough for bedrooms and small rooms, Sirocco 550 Flow is a stylish way to enjoy all the choices and quality of digital and internet-connected radio in a convenient, micro sized format.
Pricing and availability
Full product specs and pricing details can be found here: http://www.pure.com/ces2010. PURE products will be sold through online channels initially such as www.PURE.com, with further retail plans and expected availability to be announced later in 2010.
About PURE US
PURE is the global leader in digital audio and connected radios. With a radio for every lifestyle, PURE connects consumers to their digital audio content through products and services that combine innovative design, unmatched performance and ease of use. Every Internet-connected PURE radio includes access to the PURE Lounge, a bespoke radio and media portal that enables users to create a unique schedule of programs that match their tastes and listening habits. PURE has one of the largest dedicated radio development teams in the world and benefits from the latest innovations from its parent company Imagination Technologies. For more information visit: www.PURE.com.
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination Technologies Group plc (LSE:IMG) – a global leader in multimedia and communication silicon technologies – creates and licenses market-leading processor cores for graphics, video, multi-threaded embedded processing/DSP and multi-standard communications applications. These silicon intellectual property (IP) solutions for systems-on-chip (SoC) are complemented by strong array of software tools and drivers as well as extensive developer and middleware ecosystems. Target markets include mobile phone, handheld multimedia, home consumer entertainment, mobile and low-power computing, and in-car electronics. Its licensees include many of the leading semiconductor and consumer electronics companies. Imagination has corporate headquarters in the United Kingdom, with sales and R&D offices worldwide. See: www.imgtec.com.
Home Park Estate, Kings Langley, Herts, WD4 8LZ
tel +44 (0)1923 260 511
fax +44 (0)1923 270 188