PowerVR Series8XE GPU Family
The PowerVR Series8XE family of GPUs drives cost reduction in entry-level and mass market devices by offering 1,2,4 & 8 pixels/clock versions optimized to deliver the best user experience in a limited silicon area budget. This GPU family enables low-cost devices to benefit from the latest apps by supporting the most advanced APIs from Khronos, including OpenGL ES 3.2 and Vulkan 1.0.
PowerVR Series8XE GPUs offer
- Up to a 25% area reduction compared to equivalent fill-rate configurations of PowerVR Series7XE GPUs
- Up to 100% increase in performance/mm2 on industry standard benchmarks compared with competing devices
- OmniShield-ready with hardware virtualization and multi-domain security optimized to support multiple independent security contexts and execution domains
- Feature scalability for customized designs: users can select the specific features they need for their design
- Performance/mm2 improvement over equivalent Series7XE cores
- Virtualization and security hardware support
- Optional PVRIC3 and 10-bit YUV for the STB/UHDTV market
- ASTC LDR support
Typical target applications
- Entry-level and mass market smartphones/tablets
- UHDTVs and set-top boxes
- In-car navigation and information
- Electronic dashboards
- High end wearables
- Enterprise and Industrial equipment
|PowerVR GPU||Peak Fillrate||Compression||API Support|
OpenGL ES 1.x/2.0/3.x/AEP
|GE8310||4 Pixels/Clock||As Above + YUV (10 bit)||PVRICv3|
* PowerVR Series8XE GPUs are designed to pass the Khronos Conformance Testing Process for all identified graphics, compute and vision APIs.
Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.