International CES, Las Vegas, USA: Imagination Technologies, a leading multimedia and communications technologies company, says that at the heart of the ‘smart’ revolution in consumer electronics are two pivotal sets of technologies:
- those for multimedia which enable smooth UI, rich graphics and high quality video
- and those for connectivity which give devices ‘live’ intelligence and features such as location services, content on demand and social networking
Says Tony King-Smith, VP marketing, Imagination: “Increasingly the user experience delivered by leading ‘smart’ devices is determined by the smooth yet sophisticated UI enabled by GPU, compelling integration of camera and graphics, and the seamless ‘live’ connectivity required. As we go forward ‘smart’ will increasingly equate to those things that enable users to get the most from the products they love in a simple way.”
Imagination will demonstrate a range of technologies at CES 2013 that enables compelling and engaging products at all price points and feature sets, including:
- PowerVR graphics (GPU) Series6, ‘Rogue’: Imagination’s partners will debut the first PowerVR Series6 products, including TVs, at CES 2013 while Imagination will demonstrate the family’s advanced OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCL capabilities
- PowerVR graphics (GPU) Series5 & 5XT: Imagination is showing new disruptive features taking advantage of the advanced architecture of PowerVR Series5 & 5XT. PowerVR Series5 is the de facto standard for today’s mobile, embedded and computing graphics
- PowerVR video (VPU) Series3 & 4: the comprehensive and widely adopted range of multistandard video decoder, encoder and enhancement cores for applications from mobile to ultra-HD
- Meta Series3 processor (CPU/DSP): the advanced multi-threaded application and embedded processor architecture that delivers the best in both general purpose and signal processing performance
- Ensigma radio processor (RPU) Series3 & 4: the multi-standard programmable communications and connectivity technology for TV, radio, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- PowerVR ray tracing (RTU): ultra-realistic graphics technologies which are transforming ray tracing for professionals thanks to the Caustic R2500/R2100 PCIe boards and Caustic Visualizer software plug-ins
- PowerVR vision (ISP): revolutionary vision processing and video IP for devices from security and wearable cameras through to Ultra-HD cameras for home and professionals
- HelloSoft Rich Communication Suite (RCS): communications technologies that enable advanced features such as enriched voice and video calling with multimedia content sharing capabilities, enhanced address book/contacts, and messaging (SMS/MMS)
Visit Imagination at CES 2013 to find out more (by appointment, LVCC South Hall 4 Suite S215). See: imgtec.com for more details.
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination Technologies Group plc (LSE:IMG) – a global leader in multimedia and communication technologies – creates and licenses market-leading multimedia IP cores for graphics, video, and display processing, multi-threaded embedded processing/DSP cores and multi-standard communications and connectivity processors. These silicon intellectual property (IP) solutions for systems-on-chip (SoC) are complemented by platform level IP and services, a strong array of software tools and drivers and extensive developer and middleware ecosystems. Target markets include mobile phone, handheld multimedia, home consumer entertainment, mobile and low-power computing, and in-car electronics. Its licensees include many of the leading semiconductor and consumer electronics companies. Imagination has corporate headquarters in the United Kingdom, with sales and R&D offices worldwide. See: www.imgtec.com.